Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Summer Pasta Revisited

Here are a few changes to a recipe I posted in 2008.  Changes are in bold. Here is my supper pasta supper revisited. I used four zucchini, three tomatoes, (I had to cheat a little here and added just a little clamato juice to add a little more liquid probably about 1/2 cup, about 12 fresh basil leaves chopped, I guess about 2 tablespoons, about a tablespoon and a half of fresh thyme, one onion finely chopped and 3 cloves of garlic minced and one tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil. About 7 large mushrooms sliced. I started by sautéing the onions and garlic and zucchini and sliced mushrooms and then added the tomatoes and spices. While I was doing this I boiled the linguini.  I then added the sauce to the linguini and served. Overall I would rate the meal a 9/10. The best part was taking this outside to the backyard and enjoying the meal with a well chilled bottle of white wine!

No comments: